• Home
  • About
    • Crochet
    • Knitting
    • Baking
    • Christmas posts
    • Sailing & Travel

      Tons of tulips on a sunny day

      16th April
      I love flowers and as long as there is money in my purse, I will always endeavour to have a vase of flowers in my home.  The best flowers are those that I can pick from the garden and this is the beginning of the season when that can begin.  I love all flowers, but I especially love sunflowers for their cheeriness, sweet peas for their scent and they seemed to be everywhere when I was 9 months pregnant with my first child, so sweet memories and finally tulips for their Gemini quality, at first tall and elegant and finally casual and laid back later in their lives.

      I am lucky enough to have a dear friend who owns a garden centre in the north of England, a long way from me, but when ever she visits she brings me a pack of tulip bulbs, I probably now have over 20 different varieties of tulips in my garden.  Would you like to see some of them...

      By the way the garden centre is in the Peak District, called Glossop Garden Centre, they have a web site and are fab at delivering anywhere, give them a try or better still pop over and visit if you can!   http://www.glossopgardencentre.com/ They also have a facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Glossop-Garden-Centre/341009955986646  She has no idea I am posting this, wonder what she will say!!?
       






       






       









      ♥Hope you have a fantastic week where ever you are♥
       
      Since writing this post this morning, we have recieved a rather large parcel and inside from said very good friend was....
       


      ...what a coincidence is that!  See, she always buys me tulips, and I it.
       

      6 comments:

      1. What beautiful tulips!! Your friend who sent you that lovely gift obviously knows you very well!! xx

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. She does indeed know me very well, am blessed to have her in our 'familiy' Have a great Easter Amy, sending you warm wishes and thanks for all your comments to date, they really are appreciated ♥

          Delete
      2. I adore tulips too, planted some in our new house last autumn and they have flowered, amazing! Your photographer skills are professional, those pictures are better than bulb catalogue ones! Fiona

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Glad your tulips have come up. I try and add a new set if tulips each autumn. That way soon you will have a Spring garden full. You are too kind about my photography skill, but thank you, you made me blush 😊have a great Easter

          Delete
      3. Splash of colors! So great! It would be so great if you let to see your garden blossoming : )

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I love colour in a garden. Will keep you updated. Hope all good with you x

          Delete

      I will always read all comments and will try to reply but it may take me a couple of days, do please pop back and lets get a conversation going...