• Home
  • About
    • Crochet
    • Knitting
    • Baking
    • Christmas posts
    • Sailing & Travel

      Apple roses for dessert

      19th April

      A quick post just in time for your Sunday dinner prep. Last night I made the quickest and easiest dessert ever that looked like it should have taken hours. 

      I urge you to try and give it a go. 
      All you need for 6 people are 2 red apples, puff pastry, I used shop bought, apricot jam, half a lemon and icing sugar to sprinkle in at the end. Oh and ground cinnamon is optional. All of us enjoyed this immensely.


      Thinly slice the apples, place in a bowl with just enough water to cover them. Squeeze half a lemon into the water and microwave for 3 minutes. 



      Place 3 tablespoons of apricot jam and 1 tablespoon of water in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute. 

      Meanwhile, roll out puff pastry till it is a thinner oblong and cut into 6 equal rectangles. Spread the apricot mixture over each pastry section.

      Place sliced apples along one edge as in the photograph. Making sure to leave a 1cm space at either end, this allows for easier rolling. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. 

      Carefully roll each pastry apple combination and place into a well greased muffin tin. It should already look like a rose. 



      Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 40 minutes. 


      Allow to cool in the muffin tins for a couple of minutes and then sprinkle with icing sugar before serving. 


      We ate ours last night with cream. Custard or ice cream would be just as good or in fact they were so delicious they do not really need any partner. We will be making these again very soon I'm sure. 



      ❤️ Have a wonderful Sunday ❤️

      14 comments:

      1. My gosh that looks delicious, will give it a try next time I buy apples.

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. You should. Mamma arrives tomorrow and I'm going to make them again at the weekend for her

          Delete
      2. They look scrummy. I bet they smell delicious too. My vote would be for custard. I just blogged one of my favourite easy recipes too. Must be the day for it. X

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. It did smell lovely here but they didn't last long. Popped over to see your make. Very intriguing. I'll give it a go. Will also comment in your blog tomorrow x

          Delete
      3. Ooooooooooooh they look rather nice... adds to the to try list!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. They are. Do try them. They're so quick too! Let me know if and when you do x

          Delete
      4. jummy, I'll bake them next week when my parents come

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I think they will go down well. Let me know...

          Delete
      5. Replies
        1. They were such fun to do. Am going to make them again on Saturday

          Delete
      6. Whaaaat?! Those are gorgeous and I could make them! ME. I love stuff like this because I'm not the most patient, detail-oriented baker and most baking, it seems, takes great attention to detail and patience. Thanks for sharing!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Yeah! So glad to have shared it with you. Let me know what you think after you've made them.

          Delete

      I will always read all comments and will try to reply but it may take me a couple of days, do please pop back and lets get a conversation going...