• Home
  • About
    • Crochet
    • Knitting
    • Baking
    • Christmas posts
    • Sailing & Travel

      Scandinavian blogs

      My Scandinavian fix
      December 16th

      Today is all about Scandinavian inspiration and those that I turn to both for ideas and tips.  Where do you get your inspiration from?  Is it any one thing or place, or do you gain inspiration all around, I'd really love to know.

      The first crafting Scandinavian inspiration was always Arne and Carlos, I have followed them for more years than I care to think about and they never disappoint, the two of them spur off each other and now travel the world spreading their love of creating:  Arne & Carlos


      Next, comes Vibeke a Norwegian with the most serene and beautiful style.  She knows how to set up a good photographic shot and I drool over all her postings, this is her Norway,  her home and it is pure magic: Vibeke


      Vibeke's stunning gingerbread house

      Outside Vibeke's house

      For all things Scandinavian there is the blog that shows you fashion, design, recipes and family getaways, not the blog that I visit the most but has some very useful and inspirational little gems:  Little Scandinavian

      From the blog Little Scandinavian and the
      article about where to spend Christmas

      For seasonal inspiration, Anna scours the internet and shops and brings us her favourites.  She often reviews Scandinavian books and I now have my eye on a new recipe book.  Again a dip in and out of blog:  Anna

      Book reviews by Scandinavian Christmas blog

      And... there are so many wonderful food blogs out there that are Scandinavian, amongst my absolute favourites are: Manuela

      Manuela in her pastel kitchen

      Just some of the culinary delights to be found on Manuela's website



      Paul born in Oslo and now living in NY is someone I turn to again and again.  He mainly focus' on food but is not unknown to dabble in a little crafting too, my sort of person:  Sweet Paul

      Paul himself, the man behind the website Sweet Paul

      Many of Paul's recipes make me smile, an example
      being these skiing figures on top of the cookies

      Kristine runs the website Det Sote Liv, directly translated as The Sweet Life, what's not to like about this site?  Lots of inspirational desserts and baking goes on here:  Kristine


      Wonderful Lussekatter for the 13th December made
      into a wreath shape, great idea from Kristine

      Trine from Denmark is passionate about eating well and enjoying food.  She writes about all meal times and work internationally around the world to encourage people to share their food stories and make the world a better place: Trine she also writes a food blog: Trine's food blog



      Trine foraging in the woods

      A classic Swedish dish prepared by Trine of meatballs



      And I couldn't end this post without adding my favourite cafe in London, I pop in here whenever I can to have my fix of Norway:  Scandi Kitchen they also sell goods online too!

      The Scandinavian Kitchen is to be found
      on Titchmarsh Street in London

      Just some of the wonderful smørgasbørd
      at the Scandinavian Kitchen





      ♥  Hope all your Christmas preparations 
      are moving along smoothly 

      2 comments:

      1. Thanks for all the linkies, Selma; I shall explore them in the New Year, I think. Didn't get the food shopping done today as we are going to Vernon tomorrow and will do it then. So I expect to begin baking on Sunday! I linked to your Nisse posts today when I added a link to Edvard Greig's "In the Hall of the Mountain King". Nine days to Christmas. You must be very excited by now. I'm getting that way, too. Have a wonderful weekend, my friend. Hugs to you. ~ Linne

        ReplyDelete

      I will always read all comments and will try to reply but it may take me a couple of days, do please pop back and lets get a conversation going...