• Home
  • About
    • Crochet
    • Knitting
    • Baking
    • Christmas posts
    • Sailing & Travel

      Spreading End of Year Love

      A wonderful community
      December 29th

      Jane from Sydney in Australia is more famously known as Quen Bab's, have you heard of her?  Jane was named Australian for the day back in June 2015 and strives despite her several illness' to brighten her community and spread a little happiness around her hometown which has now rippled out across the world.

      What does Jane do?  She yarn bombs on scales from leaving small crocheted hearts to yarnbombing entire cycle racks and so much more,  just look at the riot of colour...

      Photo was taken from Queen Bab's website,
      a typical example of her riot of colour that she
      spreads around her local community


      Website:  Queen Bab's

      Instagram:  IG account

      Facebook:  Facebook


      Queen Bab's has given much to the community as I have already mentioned and on her website, she provides many free patterns and tips on how to yarn bomb and what to consider before you begin.  She shares all her experience of what does and does not work. If you are considering doing something like this yourself her website is invaluable, even if this is not your thing, go have a peek!  Jane is mostly wheelchair bound and desperately needs a new wheelchair, so she has designed a new pattern called the  Love Bomb Christmas Ornament and she hopes the crochet community around the world will get behind her and buy the pattern as all proceeds will go directly to funding a new and much-needed wheelchair. 


      These Love bombs just make my heart sing,
      the photo was taken from Queen Bab's Ravelry page

      And the crochet community has not disappointed, so far the hashtag #lovebombornament has 320 photos and the hashtag #lovebombcircle has 147 photos, that's a lot of love being shared all over the world people are making Jane's love bomb and even yarn bombing them, just look at this... know where I would like to be...




      As of the 5th December, (the pattern was only released on November 30th) a third of the money needed to fund a new wheelchair had been reached!  By December 9th, they were halfway there! And by December 11th they had reached the three quarter way mark!  By the 22nd it was looking like Jane would be able to go shopping in the new year for a working wheelchair, the amount raised will determine which model!  How fantastic is that! 

      I have bought the pattern but unlike so many people who seem to have found time not only to make one but several, as soon as I have published this post, whilst my son is having a teenage party in our house !!!!! I am a nervous wreck, I will attempt to soothe my nerves by making the simple yet beautiful love bomb...


      Screenshot from Queen Bab's Instagram account from many others
      who have made her pattern and shared their joy with her


         May you all have a wonderful new year and I wish for you all that you wish for yourself and loved ones   

      9 comments:

      1. That is amazing, I will pop over now and have a look at her pattern and yarnbombing.

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I agree Lorrine it is amazing. Glad I could introduce you to something new.

          Delete
      2. Thank you for the link, I just bought the pattern and hope it helps because wheelchairs are so expensive.

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Meredith, how wonderful, hope you enjooyt eh pattern. It feels good to help in some small way doesn't it x

          Delete
      3. Amazing. Wishing you and yours a Happy and Peaceful New Year and 2018 xx

        ReplyDelete
      4. How interesting and lovely!

        Happy New Year wishes ! xxxx

        ReplyDelete
      5. Selma, what a wonderful post! Thanks for the linkies. I'll check these out today. I love yarnbombing, although I have yet to try my hand. It will be good to have some experienced advice. And the thought of lovebombing! Well, I think that's a trend worth following! Loved this! Warm hugs to you and your family and your Mamma. ~ Linne

        ReplyDelete
      6. I really like what Jane has done, Selma, and I've bought the pattern. Not sure when I'll get to it, but it's on the list . . . Thanks again; I love small ways of helping! Do you kow if she emails the patter? Guess I should check my jnk file, the software seems to put so much of what I want in there, even things I've signed up for. Anyway, thanks again for this. I love them! and wouldn't they make a great bunting for Valentine's Day? or added to gifts . . . Warm hugs, my friend. ~ Linne

        ReplyDelete
      7. I love the idea of yarn bombing, but have so many crafts on my to-do list, I'm just not sure whether I would ever make the time!

        ReplyDelete

      I will always read all comments and will try to reply but it may take me a couple of days, do please pop back and lets get a conversation going...