• Home
  • About
    • Crochet
    • Knitting
    • Baking
    • Christmas posts
    • Sailing & Travel

      A knitted what?

      6th October 


      I couldn't help myself and just had to cast on
      and knit some pine trees
      I enjoyed designing and knitting my  autumnal hat   so much that everything else I had planned to make is on hold!  This in a way is disastrous to my own scheduling and if I'm not careful will stress me out, but when the creative juices flow so to speak, shouldn't I just go with them...


      So I did.



      I knew what I wanted to make and the process is just over half way complete, it's close to what I had envisaged but there is tweaking to be done on model two, should there ever be one.  I wonder if you can guess what I am making.  The only clue I will give you is that I cast on 126 stiches.


       
      Early October days were lovely until today

      Can you spot the knitted wave?

      On the hoof designing as I go

      In hindsight I should have planned this a little better,
      but I'm learning

      Knitting when and wherever I can


      This is interesting, knitting the inside, to hide the fair isle strands

      The weather has turned here in the south of the UK and we have had true autumnal weather, howling wind and rain, its damp and dark and wet and now truly we can enjoy the indoor open fires and glasses of delicious red without feeling too guilty.

        Hope you are warm and cosy wherever you are 


      20 comments:

      1. I have to say that you're knitting skills are of professional caliber!!! I can't wait to see the end result!
        Years ago, I tried fair isle knitting and it was so hard for me!!! To this day I'm afraid to even give it another try!!!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. If only it were of a professional calibre!! I enjoy the challenge of fair isle but actually there are a few small holes around my figures so it's not the best quality. Do give it another go, you may crack it this time

          Delete
      2. What a beautiful hat! I admire your skills and patience. Sure looks cozy in front of that fire! x Karen

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. This is not going to be a hat Karen, all will be revealed soon. Glad you like it. X

          Delete
      3. Hi Selma, whatever you are creating, I love the design. How I admire your knitting skills. Will you be steeking this project? My best to you, Pat xx

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. That's really kind of you Pat but no I'm not going to be steeking this knitting...

          Delete
      4. Well, whatever it is going to be it looks fantastic! Hope all is OK with you. xx

        ReplyDelete
      5. Your knitting is incredible, love the design.
        Hugs,
        Meredith

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I wish it was incredible Meredith. I'm not going to photograph it up close, if you get my drift!!!!

          Delete
      6. Oh, well done to you! How beautiful is that hat! Hand made things are really precious!
        Happy evening!
        Olympia

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I agree Olympia, I love hand made things and hope I have taught my children that value too

          Delete
      7. I don't know what it is but it's beautiful. Your knitting and crochet always amazes me. I wish I were as talented as you Selma. X

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Honestly Jules if you could see my work up close and personal I don't think you would say that. But thank you

          Delete
      8. Is it a C-tree-skirt?!?
        It's pretty, whatever it is going to be, though.
        Andrea

        ReplyDelete
      9. Wow, your knitting is so good, look forward to seeing it finished. I would love to be able to do fair isle patterns but can't knit at all. Hx

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. It's almost done H. Just waiting for something to come in the post do I can complete it.

          Delete
      10. This is great! I wish we had hat-wearing weather, I can't wait for winter to arrive.
        Amalia
        xo

        ReplyDelete

      I will always read all comments and will try to reply but it may take me a couple of days, do please pop back and lets get a conversation going...