• Home
  • About
    • Crochet
    • Knitting
    • Baking
    • Christmas posts
    • Sailing & Travel

      Christmas gift tags

      December 14th 
       
      I love giving and receiving gifts and I love to wrap presents beautifully but life does not always allow enough time.  This year I decided to make a difference to those nearest and dearest ad this is how I am decorating their presents... all are quick makes, I promise!
       
      Present and holly combination
      For the present I just chained 10 and dc into each stitch and continued the number of rows to make it either square or rectangle depending on how I wanted it to look.  for the ribbon, I just chain stitched over the top and for the bow again just chained.  Very quick and I think effective.


      Crochet bag with label inside
       

      A personal message inside
       
      For the crochet bag pattern follow link to last years advent calendar, scroll down and you will find the tutorial, these are very quick to make.  Teeny bag crochet pattern
       
       
      Adding recipients initial as a gift tag
       
       
      For the alphabet crochet I used these for my patterns, a couple of the letters are fiddly, but it's such a personal touch it is worth it.  Crochet alphabet letters
       
       
      A quick stamped gift tag with holly
       
      For the holly I used Lucy for Attic 24's pattern Jolly holly and for the berries I used my own pattern from my poppy brooches, again scroll down the post to see the tutorial Holly berries
       
      A group of hearts
       
      For the hearts it's back to Lucy Teeny tiny hearts

       

      Presents wrapped and waiting to be handed out


        How are you gift wrapping this year?  






       







      18 comments:

      1. How effective, the holly is my favourite but I like all of them really. Not sure about the poopy brooches though . . .! x

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Ooh no body to edit now. *blushes*

          Delete
        2. Look at that typos in my reply too! Too many mulled wines perhaps?

          Delete
      2. love them All, I hadn't even thought about that, great ideax

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Thanks Michelle. That's why I love blogging both writing and reading others. We all inspired each other

          Delete
      3. I love how you have decorated the parcels. Even though you say they aren't much to work up, I know that all these little details can quickly gobble up your time. They look beautiful!
        Wendy

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Wendy, you're right they do 'gobble' up time but are relatively quick to make

          Delete
      4. You have made their gifts extra special.

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Thank you. Hope they appreciate and don't roll their eyes!

          Delete
      5. YOU are a dynamo! Such a fast producer!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Thank you but rather than Dynamo more like I look forward to this time of year and so plan a bit ahead

          Delete
      6. They're all great and add that lovely extra personal touch, Selma. My favourite is the holly - so Christmassy! We are slowly getting back to normal here and I have to hunt for a new car but in the meanwhile some little Nisse have crept their way into our decorations this year. Much love. X

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Jules, so glad some normality is returning. And aski very glad to hear about the Nisse. The holy is also my favourite. I really should have made Nisse gift tags. Will put that on my to do list. Thanks for the inspiration

          Delete
      7. Replies
        1. Thanks Amy. Been out all day. Off to read your Basildon post now

          Delete
      8. How do you manage to do lots of thing so fast! It's very cool you do things fast. And I like the way you decorated presents. Looks really cute!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. That's really kind of you to say so. I don't watch TV and this is my entertainment!

          Delete
      9. Wonderful ideas, you have decorated those gifts perfectly.
        Meredith

        ReplyDelete

      I will always read all comments and will try to reply but it may take me a couple of days, do please pop back and lets get a conversation going...