• Home
  • About
    • Crochet
    • Knitting
    • Baking
    • Christmas posts
    • Sailing & Travel

      Chocolate Christmas Cookies

      December 15th 2018

      Fancy an uber quick chocolate cookie fix?  This is not your traditional Norwegian Christmas cookie but then Ella, my daughter is not the biggest fan of cardamom and cinnamon spices, so to please her too we branch out and add in a little chocolate here and there.  

      They are very quick and if you are organised can whip them up in a mere half an hour from beginning to end, possibly even as quick as twenty minutes...

      Christmas Chocolate Cookies

      You will need:

      300g plain flour
      3 eggs
      200g Nutella
      150g sugar

        Mix all the ingredients together.  The mixture will be a thick consistency and quite gooey.
        Using two teaspoons, place a small dollop onto lined baking sheets, spacing them apart as they will spread a little.  If you like you can smooth them down a bit to be less 'risen'.  I made half of the batch with smooth tops and half left as I 'dolloped' them.  
        Place in a pre-heated oven of 200 Celsius for approximately 10 minutes.
        Cool on a wire rack and enjoy.


      These are Moorish and will fulfil any chocolate craving and the children LOVE them!




      The Nutella was just scooped out of the jar.  Can you see
      I made theme early in the
      morning, look at the morning light streaming in

      The mixture is sticky 

      These are the smoothed out batch

      These were the ones left and not smoothed out

      The mixture should make about 24 Christmas Chocolate Cookies

        So far I have made 5 of the 7 Christmas cookies, 
      have you made any? 


      4 comments:

      1. Well, this is the first one I likely won't be making. I'm a huge fan of chocolate, but not fond of Nutella. They look good, though. lol

        And do say hi to Ella, will you? Did she do the charity run this year? I forgot to ask you earlier in the summer.

        Love and blessings to you and all your family. ~ Linne

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I am sure you can do it with other chocolate spreads, Ella liked them but was upset it was with nutella due to the palm oil, so that told me! No charity run this year I am afraid. Nest year perhaps she said x

          Delete
      2. You can't beat a bit of chocolate at Christmas. x

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I agree Karen. Are you a Quality street or Roses girl?

          Delete

      I will always read all comments and will try to reply but it may take me a couple of days, do please pop back and lets get a conversation going...