• Home
  • About
    • Crochet
    • Knitting
    • Baking
    • Christmas posts
    • Sailing & Travel

      Christmas Angels

      I'm not generally a fan of angels unless I think back to my daughter's nativity play and of course, she was the most gorgeous angel that ever walked this earth ;) but when I came across these little angles and could see what a quick make they would be, I was tempted and an angel workshop began in my home. 


      These are uber quick to make and thanks to Atty's clever design easy to memorise to make too, so you are not constantly having to refer back to how to make each piece.


      Atty uses lovely primary colours with her angels but I was keen to decorate my porch this year with more muted colours and I think along with the natural vegetation there is a sense of calm about the Christmas porch an understated, I AM EXCITED ABOUT THIS SEASON feeling...

      The pattern and link to Atty's angels are at the bottom of this post.  She makes the body out of a large circle and folds it in half sewing a few stitches down to hold the fold.  The head is made the same way, with the same number of stitches but only uses one round and the wings are the clever bit...


      Crocheted angel wings




      I have used very neutral colours for the angel but click on the link
      below and see the wonderful colour selection that Atty herself has used

      Crocheted angel



      To the side of my porch, a simple decoration of crocheted angels and vegetation from the garden

      To find the pattern click on Atty's Angel pattern


        What are your favourite decorations to have? 

      11 comments:

      1. These are beautiful - simple and effective. I’m off to have a try.

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. So pleased you like them. Very easy and quick to make. Loved your Christmas bunting you shared on eclectichomelife facebook page. Keep sharing . It's lovely.

          Delete
      2. Gorgeous......I don’t do crochet but this would be a motivation to learn! Going to make sure I sneak a peak at your porch! Xx

        ReplyDelete
      3. Super cute. I collected angels in the 80s early 90s but stopped many (many) years ago. These would be nice to top a gift or to give as an ornament.

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Totally agree Tammy, they would make a great wrapping topper, good idea!

          Delete
      4. Oh, my! I do love angels, although I don't collect them. This looks very cute and I'm glad you say they are easy to make. I have several projects on the go, as usual, but am going to add some of these. All my Christmas ornaments were handmade, but have been in storage for ages. I never made angels, though, so I want some to add to my decorations once I see them again. In the meantime, they will brighten up my room. Thanks so much!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Share on the eclectichomelife Facebook page when you have made them Linne, Helen already has!

          Delete
        2. Will do! A good motivator . . .

          Delete
        3. The day after you posted that, I found two spools of craft wire that I bought in a local dollar store, with no idea what I'd use them for, of course lol Green and silver; perfect for angels and card holders. So today I had a go at the angel, but chose two objects that were too similar in size, so wound the wire back onto the spool. Tomorrow I'll try again . . . and my cousin has a pair of needlenose pliers with a built-in cutter, which he will lend to me. Will post photos once I have something reasonable to share.

          Delete

      I will always read all comments and will try to reply but it may take me a couple of days, do please pop back and lets get a conversation going...