• Home
  • About
    • Crochet
    • Knitting
    • Baking
    • Christmas posts
    • Sailing & Travel

      Rolled Oat Cookies

      Today I share the third of the seven Christmas cookies and these have a special place in my heart as they remind me of my Norwegian grandfather, who we called, 'Far' which actually means Dad. He had simple tastes in life asked only that people around him worked hard, were honest and put family first. 
      Oat cookies

      He loved these cookies, simple ingredients found in the store cupboard nothing special but wow buttery and lovely. You'll forever be remembered Far...

      Rolled Oat Cookies

        You will need: makes between 20-25 cookies 

      225g butter
      270g rolled oats 
      100g sugar
      1 egg

      Melt the butter in a pan and then add the rolled oats. Stir them in and keep on medium heat, stirring occasionally until the oats are golden in colour. 

      Remove from the heat to cool a little. 

      In a separate bowl add the sugar and egg.  Mix together until the sugar begins to dissolve. 

      Leave to cool before storing in an airtight container
      Add the oats to the sugar and mix thoroughly. 

      Place drops of the mixture onto lined baking sheets. Leaving room between each as they will spread. 

      Bake in a preheated oven at 140 degrees Celsius for about 10-12 minutes or until golden in colour. 

      Cool on a wire rack. 

      Store in an airtight container.  These will keep for up to a week. 





      Won't you join me for cookies and coffee?

      ♥  Have you made any Christmas cookies yet? 


      How do you store you Christmas edibles? 
      Below are the three cookies that I have baked so far and the tins they are in.

      Cookie tin storage

      So far we have made pepperkake, Farmer Biscuits and now the Rolled Oat Cookies

      From front to back:
      Pepperkake
      Farmer Biscuits
      Rolled Oat Cookies




      6 comments:

      1. They all look wonderful on the plate, you'd definitely have to have one of each! x

        ReplyDelete
      2. So, SO good. Thank you Selma xx

        ReplyDelete
      3. Selma, these look delicious! I think I'll try them this year, so thanks. I love that they were your grandfather's favourite, too. Thanks for sharing this; the recipe will be added to my own Christmas list for the future.
        Warm hugs to you ~ Linne

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I hope you do get a chance to make them Linne, they are simple, easy old fashioned cookies. they may not look a lot, but they taste lovely. I think mamma and my sister are going to make these simultaneously today via zoom, quick and easy as I said.

          Delete

      I will always read all comments and will try to reply but it may take me a couple of days, do please pop back and lets get a conversation going...